It is very much important for a diabetic person to keep a track of his blood glucose level. Most people use a glucose meter to keep the track of their glucose level at home. The best glucose meter can make you tracking easy and convenient; however, most of the glucose meters come with expensive testing strips.
Therefore, I am sharing a list of some of the best glucose meters with the cheapest strips available in the market. All the listed blood sugar meters are of premium quality with the cheapest strips which makes your testing very economical.
Best Glucose Meter With Cheapest Strips
Care Touch Diabetes Testing kit gives you the blood glucose level in less than 5 seconds. It only uses the 0.5 microliters of the sample to bring up accurate results. The great thing about this glucose meter is that it automatically recognizes the batch codes encrypted on each Care Touch Glucose test strips so that you don’t have to perform the coding.
The internal storage of the Care Touch Diabetes testing kit lets you save up to 300 test results. It also keeps on providing you 14 days average of your readings for a better understanding of your health performance. Its compact design and carrying bag let you take the glucose meter wherever you want.
There are a 10-depth lancing device and lancets that make the sample collection hassle-free and easy. The package includes; Care Touch Blood glucose monitor, 50 care touch blood glucose test strips, a lancing device, 30-gauge twist lancets, a 3-volt battery, a control solution, and a carrying bag.
- It gives you accurate results in less than 5 seconds.
- It takes only 0.5 microliters of sample for testing.
- This meter saves up to 300 readings and also provides a 14-days average.
- There are a 10-depth lancing device and lancets for painless sample collection.
ACCU CHECK ACTIVE is one of the best glucose meters that comes with the cheapest strip. It is a perfect glucose meter to check conditions from type-1 diabetes to prediabetes. It is designed to meet the ISO standard to provide you the most accurate results quickly.
The glucose meter by ACCU CHECK comes with auto-coding where you are not supposed to perform coding for usage. It also gives you the average results to better understand your health performance.
- It gives you effective results very quickly.
- Auto-coding feature when you open a new test strip container.
- It gives you average test results.
- You can label and download your test results.
KEO-MOJO is a Bluetooth ketone & glucose blood testing kit which comes with really cheap test strips. It comes with a free smartphone app which let you instantly sync your readings to the phone in order to track both ketone and glucose level.
The great thing about the app is that it automatically calculates your Glucose Ketone Index (GKI) which is an important measure of metabolic health. There is also Bluetooth integration for better syncing. It is designed to provide you the most accurate results. KETO-MOJO has excellent customer support to better understand the product and effectively use it.
- It comes with a free smartphone app that lets you sync data and readings.
- It automatically calculates your Glucose Ketone Index (GKI).
- There is also Bluetooth integration.
- It is recommended by professionals and experts.
Dr. Morepen BG-03 is one of the best glucometers available in the market. It takes only 0.5 microliters of blood to get accurate results. Its compact size and ergonomic design let you take the meter wherever you want.
It gives you a beeper alert when the results pop on your screen. There are 25 multicolored strips to perform the test swiftly. The package includes a lancing device battery, plastic case, 10 lancets, and the glucometer.
You don’t have to pre-code the meter before using it. It also saves around 300 accurate readings that help you to track it well.
- It gives you accurate results in less than 5 seconds.
- It is a complete kit for measuring blood glucose levels.
- You only have to add 0.5 microliters of sample to get the results.
- It saves up to 300 readings.
OneTouch Verio FLEX is among the best glucose meters available in the market. There is a large easy-to-read screen on the meter. Verio has great storage that saves up to 500-test results along with date and time.
Verio FLEX is designed to give you the most accurate results. It uses a replaceable lithium coin battery instead of a recharging cable. It is also connected with the mobile using Bluetooth technology.
You only have to use 0.4 microliters of sample for testing for OneTouch Verio test strips. It also offers pattern recognition and also highlights the trends that are found in your BG patterns.
- It has large, easy-to-read numbers.
- It saves up to 500 test results along with date and time.
- There is a replaceable lithium coin battery.
- Uses only 0.4 microliters of sample.
AccuSure Blood Glucose monitoring system is another recommended meter. It comes with 25 test strips. There is also an alarm fitted in this meter that reminds you of scheduled test dates and times.
It also features a test light indicator. The great thing about this meter is its storage which has the capacity to store up to 1000 readings. You only have to use the tiny drop of blood. In case, you want to share your data with your computer then you can simply connect it with your PC.
There is also a strip ejection mechanism that lets you easily remove the use strips.
- It uses only 0.5 microliters of sample.
- It saves 1000 test memory along with date and time.
- It also uses the ketone warning function.
- There is also an strip indication light.
TRUE Metrix Self Monitoring glucose meter which comes with free test strips. It is a budget-friendly glucose meter. It uses only 0.5 microliters of sample. Since it uses the same test strips which makes it a budget-friendly.
There is also a Bluetooth feature that lets you connect the glucometer with your phone. You can sync your readings on your phone and share them with your doctors directly.
- It is a budget-friendly glucometer.
- You only have to add 0.5 microliters of the blood sample.
- There is also Bluetooth connectivity.
- It uses the same test strips as the basic version.
Bayer Contour TS is among the best glucose monitor that comes with the cheapest test strips. It is also a budget-friendly. There is a larger easy-to-read display on this meter that lets you easily read your readings.
The great thing about this glucometer is that you don’t have to code it before using it; you can simply use it right away. Contour TS has the ability to store up to 600 readings that can be used for future references. It comes with around 50 test strips.
- It reaches an accuracy level of 95% within ±15 percent (or +/- 15 mg/dl) of lab reference.
- It helps you get the results in less than 8 seconds.
- You don’t need to code the device before using it.
- It requires only 0.6 microliters of blood for sampling.
One-Touch Select Simple glucose meter that is among the thinnest glucometer available in the market. It is designed very simple so that you can easily use the meter. One-Touch has used a unique technology in this meter which is called color-sure technology that helps in detecting easily when the blood sugar level is either too high or too low.
There are many people who prefer the One-Touch Select simple glucose meter because of its affordability. It is a very lightweight glucometer that lets you easily store in your pocket or purse. The great thing about this glucometer is that it only uses less than 1 microliter of sample.
- There are color-sure technology and audio-based indicators for better and efficient testing.
- It is a very easy to use and lightweight glucometer.
- Uses only less than 1 microliter of the sample.
- It comes with cheap testing strips.
- It gives you the most accurate results.
iHealth Smart Wireless Gluco Monitoring is designed to give you the most accurate results in less than 5 seconds. You only have to add 0.7 microliters of samples for testing. It automatically records blood glucose meters that let you easily share the data with your doctor using Bluetooth technology.
There is a built-in rechargeable battery that will save your cost of exchanging the battery. It also comes with a hygienic strip ejection button that lets you hygienically remove the used strips. The display of iHealth is illuminated which makes it easy-to-read.
There is also a 3 years warranty for the device. It comes with 1 lancing device, 100 lancets, 100 blood test strips, a control solution, and a carrying case.
- It gives you accurate results in less than 5 seconds.
- You only have to add 0.7 microliters of the blood sample.
- There is also a Bluetooth connectivity option to track and share your data.
- 3-years warranty for the device.
Q. Which glucose meter has the cheapest test strips from above?
A. Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit is the one with the cheapest strip. However, there are many more glucose meters that have cheap test strips are listed above along with their description.
Q. How do I know when my test strip is expired?
A. It is quite simple. The expiry date is printed on the test strips vials; you need to check the date from there. Ones, the expiry date is reached, you should dispose of the strips.
Q. Why most of the test strips are so expensive?
A. The test strip is an integral part of checking glucose levels at home. There are many companies whose majorly profits depend on the selling of test strips.
Q. How should a test strip be stored?
A. A test strip should be store away from direct sunlight, humidity, and moisture. You are not required to store them in the refrigerator. You should not store them separately into small bags as the moisture will affect the accuracy level. Keep them in the vial and store them in a cool and dry place.
Q. When should you replace your glucometer?
A. A good brand glucometer can last for 5 years and a few last for even longer. I would recommend you to change it after every 5 years.
Q. Is it safe to use someone’s else glucometer?
A. No, you should never do that. Most of the glucometer has memory storage which may impair the readings of the owner of the meter. Moreover, it is not even hygienic using someone’s else meter.
Q. Can I reuse my test strips?
A. No, you should NEVER do that!
Q. How does squeezing a finger affect your blood sugar level?
A. It is highly unadvisable to squeeze your finger while taking the test as it may affect the readings.
Q. How frequently should you check your blood sugar level?
A. The frequency of tests depends on your health condition. I would advise you to consult your doctor to get an accurate frequency for yourself. I can give you a general rule here: If you are in acute diabetic conditions – three to four times a day is recommended. And if you a pre-diabetic then taking a test once a day is fine.
Q. Is it safe to use a glucometer?
A. Yes, it is perfectly safe. These are designed to be used at home.
Q. How to use a Glucose meter?
A. You need to follow the below steps;
- You are supposed to use the needle on the strip to extract some blood from your fingertip. The sample size varies from 0.4 to 1 microliter. Make sure that the blood is absorbed on the test strip.
- Then insert the strip into the insertion point on your glucometer.
- After 5 to 8 seconds the glucometer will show you the test results.
So this was my detailed discussion on some of the best glucose meters with cheapest strips and I am sure you must have picked one for yourself as well. It is very important for you to get the best glucose meter whose testing strips are also affordable as you will be buying the test strips on regular basis.